A three day contractor training opportunity.
When: Thursday 30th June – Saturday 2nd July, 8-5pm
On the job training
The workshop is aimed at participants wishing to learn the practical skills required to successfully prepare and apply Lining paper in a commercial setting.
With the project prepared and underway, we’ll be training along side experienced practitioners .
- Risk assessment.
- Systems thinking and team building.
We’ll begin with a look at health and safety, working with Lime, working at heights and working with each other to identify hazards and manage risks.
We will then continue with the application of the Lining paper onto the Lime plastered walls:
- We’ll look at the science behind why we are applying lining, how it responds to the room and to the walls.
- Preparations that have been made to the walls before we begin and how these affect the quality and speed of the next part of the process.
- We will learn simple tips, tricks, the insight required to work to a high standard.
- Throughout the sessions we will learn the most efficient and effective way to work with the material.
Lunch of soup and sandwiches will be provided.
Free booking: 4 places available
Cost: £240, bursary available
Why it doesn’t work and why it causes damp.
Bristol Hemp Lime
Casting hemp lime onto existing masonry.
CAT: Materials unit
Hemp Lime ‘Sustainable materials in the built environment’.
Hemp Lime projects
The damp Victorian terrace, steamy hygroscopic bathroom and open plan emancipated kitchen, every home has cold spots.
Hemp Lime process
Preparation, mixing, casting and results.